Meat processing in Texas
Established in 1968, Cargill's Friona facility resides in a number one U.S. agriculture production area. The Cargill Friona meat handling center is in the middle of many little communities, with its nearest neighboring communities of Friona and Bovina totaling 5, 680 residents combined.
Cargill and Friona
The Cargill Friona facility uses roughly 2, 000 employees, processing typically 4, 500 head of cattle per day, and creating over 3 million weight of beef each day. Cargill Friona runs three shifts, with the first and 2nd changes in manufacturing and a 3rd change for upkeep and sanitation.
Staff members donate time and services to a variety of companies like: Chamber of Commerce, City Council, volunteer firefighters, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, United Method, Snack-Pak for children, and college programs and sponsorships.
We generally hire for a selection of production, upkeep and supervisory positions at our Friona location.
- Industrial repair Mechanic: rotating changes (in a position to finish work purchases as assigned, work program, advertise reliability and communication.)
- Fabrication employees: first and second move – use blade in cool environment
- Harvest workers: 1st and 2nd move – use blade in cozy environment
- Paid getaway, birthdays and breaks
- Healthcare, dental and eyesight insurance coverage
- Staff member discounts and solutions, including reduced beef sales and wellness fairs
- 401K retirement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Coach transportation from Amarillo, Plainview, Dimmitt, Hereford and Muleshoe
- Referral incentives and development opportunities
- Production wages range from $15.15-$17.85
- Repair mechanic earnings include $15.90-$21.40
U.S. Job Resources: Equal Chance Company, including Disability/Vet.
Just how to request a reasonable accommodation