Seasonings for Roast Beef
Let me first start this recipe post by sharing its resounding success.
And, when I say “success, ” I mean “Dustin loved it.” And, when I say, “Dustin loved it, ” I mean he has not stopped talking about it.
This makes me happy. Oh so happy. And when I say, “happy, ” I mean “I love it.”
And, when I say, “I love it, ” I mean, “I love him.”
I really recommend this Roast Beef recipe. It made super moist, perfectly seasoned, tender roast beef. And it was so darn easy, too! I’d always thought it would be difficult, but now that I know how to cook roast beef, I’m gonna do it all the time.
Especially when it gets me such points with Dustin!
‘Cuz I kinda like that guy.
Please, oh please, try this French Dip recipe out after making this roast beef recipe. You won’t regret it! I also highly recommend these Hoagie Rolls to enjoy your French Dips on. Oh, my…you’re in for such goodness!
Watch me make this recipe and learn how to make roast beef! Making roast beef at home is super simple and incredibly delicious. Plus, in the video, I show you how to slice across the grain to get the most tender, juicy slices. You’ll never want to buy roast beef at the store again!
How To Cook Roast Beef
If you give this recipe a try, let me know what you think by leaving a comment and rating it. And don’t forget to take a picture and tag it #asweetpeachef on Instagram! I LOVE seeing what you come up with. Enjoy!
How To Cook Roast Beef
Here's a deliciously moist, tender and flavorful Roast Beef recipe. You'll be so glad you learned how to cook roast beef!
Author: A Sweet Pea Chef
Recipe type: Easy
- 2½ lbs. boneless rump roast (round roast or sirloin tip will work)
- 1-2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2-3 garlic cloves, sliced
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup beef stock
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. dried tarragon
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make several (8-10) small incisions (about ¼ to ½ inch deep) around the meat and then insert a slice of garlic into each. Place the roast, fat side up, on a rack over a roasting pan. Pour water and beef broth into the pan (not over the roast) to very lightly cover the bottom of the roasting pan.
- Rub the roast with olive oil until coated. Sprinkle salt, pepper and herbs all over the roast and spread to evenly coat with your hands.
- Place in the oven and roast for 45 minutes (or until temperature in the deepest part of the roast registers 125 degrees). Do not open the oven during these 45 minutes to baste or check on the roast.
Share this Post
Best Rub for Roast Beef
Late last night although we had been all in bed, Mrs. O Leary left a lantern in a the shed. The woman cow kicked it more…Read More
Best seasoning for Beef Roast
We get this to constantly. Any slice of beef works. In addition, I just make use of the Aujus Garvy and Italian Dressing…Read More