Dry Rub Beef
From 1 reviews
- Makes: 12 portions
- Prep 15 minutes
- Roast 1 hour
- Stay 15 minutes
Whenever life calls for a celebration, prime rib comes to the rescue. The home made spruce scrub is tasty on the meat inside elegant entree, but inaddition it complements less expensive slices of beef, if not pork or chicken.
- 1/3 cup kosher sodium
- 3 tablespoons dried out mustard
- 4 teaspoons coarsely floor black pepper
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic or dried out minced garlic, or 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic dust
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried out thyme, crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano, broken
- 2 teaspoons surface coriander
- 2 teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 tablespoon essential olive oil
- 1 4 - 6 - pound meat rib roast
- In a tiny bowl, combine sodium, mustard, black pepper, garlic, onion dust, thyme, oregano, coriander and celery seeds. Reserve 1/4 cup. (Transfer the residual blend to a small container. Store in a cool, dried out location for as much as a couple of months. Stir or shake before using.)
- Rub oil over meat. Sprinkle the 1/4 glass spruce blend uniformly over beef; wipe in together with your fingers. Make six 1x1/2-inch knife slits in to the fat part (the slits allow the seasoning to enter to the meat).* Destination animal meat, fat part up, in a large roasting pan. Insert an oven-going beef thermometer into center, becoming cautious that it doesn't touch the bones.
- Roast beef in a 350 levels range for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours for medium-rare (135 degrees ) or 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours for method (150 degrees ).
- Transfer animal meat to a cutting board. Protect with foil and let mean fifteen minutes before carving. (The temperature of beef will rise 5 to 10 levels during standing.)
- * now, it is possible to cover the meat loosely with plastic wrap and chill around twenty four hours before roasting.
(Oven-Roasted Prime Rib with Dry Rib Rub)Servings Per Recipe 12, Thiamin (mg) 0, Riboflavin (mg) 0, chol. (mg) 88, sat. fat (g) 9, Niacin (mg) 4, Monounsaturated fat (g) 9, Pyridoxine (Vit. B6) (mg) 0, vit. A (IU) 0, Folate (µg) 8, Polyunsaturated fat (g) 1, Cobalamin (Vit. B12) (µg) 4, sugar (g) 0, dietary fiber (g) 0, sodium (mg) 934, vit. C (mg) 0, Potassium (mg) 448, calcium (mg) 20, cal. (kcal) 318, metal (mg) 3, pro. (g) 30, Fat, total (g) 21, carb. (g) 0