New Braunfels Smokehouse restaurant
Original Store in 1952
In 1952, the newest Braunfels Smokehouse restaurant was created. Known as the “Tastin’ Room” by Arabel and Russell Dunbar, the little restaurant lured travelers operating between San Antonio & Austin. The designer, inspired by old Smoky hill smokehouses, designed a small building with walls that leaned & bent pipeline chimneys. They completed the country look of the little shop by locating it in a corn plot detailed with cut-out pigs, cattle, and a giant mountainman known as Zeke. Arabel Dunbar furnished it with Early Tx furnishings, not just because she adored the appearance, but it ended up being cheap in those days.
Today's Nation Shop
In 1967, with business developing, the initial building had been picked up and relocated over the highway to your 4.7 acre place of Highway 46 and 81. Through the years, additions had been designed to the restaurant whenever much more sitting was needed. In 1988 The backyard unsealed which was an outdoor arbored eating location to accommodate the overflow of summer-time diners.
The newest moving associated with the Smokehouse restaurant happened during summertime of 2008. In Summer of 2008, the first restaurant closed. The building was carefully disassembled to conserve the doors, windows and siding also to move them into the new building regarding adjacent home.