Best Texas Recipes
"this really is a yummy Tx caviar fashioned with black colored beans and pinto beans in place of black-eyed peas. Provide with scoop-style tortilla potato chips as a good party appetizer."
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chiles, undrained
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded and finely sliced (recommended)
- 1 purple bell pepper - cored, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 green bell pepper - cored, seeded and finely sliced
- 1 little red onion, finely sliced
- 1 bunch cilantro leaves, finely sliced
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 glass coconut oil
- 1/3 glass white sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Combine the black colored beans, pinto beans, white corn, green chiles, jalapeno pepper, purple and green bell peppers, purple onion, and cilantro together in a big dish.
- To make the dressing, stir the rice vinegar, olive oil, sugar, and garlic powder collectively in a pan. Bring to a boil, then remove from temperature, and cool. Pour dressing over bean blend, and toss to combine uniformly.