Texas de Brazil calories
Quinoa alone does not have actually countless taste, and it can be rather bland or even prepared corretcly. I recently had one of the best quinoa dishes I’ve ever tasted: the “Peruvian Salad” through the Brazilian Steakhouse Texas de Brazil. This version utilizes purple quinoa, difficult to find in standard supermarkets, but obtainable in the majority foods area at Whole Foods marketplace. This dish comes compliments of Evandro Caregnato, Culinary Director at Tx de Brazil.
Tx de Brazil Quinoa Salad
- 1/2 pound purple quinoa
- 1/2 gallon boiling water
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened raspberry puree
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 glass sliced scallion
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Salt & fresh cracked black colored pepper to taste
- Cook the quinoa in boiling-water for about quarter-hour until tender not mush.
- At the same time, combine the vinegar, raspberry puree and sugar. Set-aside.
- Utilizing a fine mesh colander, drain water and let the quinoa cool.
- Once quinoa is cool, include the vinegar mix, scallion and cranberries. Combine all ingredients with salt-and-pepper to taste.